D21 MultiFeed distributes one word clock signal to six outputs, and up to four different AES/EBU signals to 16 outputs. In every professional digital environment two tasks must be solved: The distribution of some AES/EBU signals, and the distribution of a synchronization signal. For this reason, two distribution amplifiers are integrated in the Studer D21 MultiFeed. One is dedicated to wordclock distribution, 1 input to 6 outputs. The other one allows AES/EBU signal distribution with flexible configurability: Up to 4 inputs can feed up to 16 outputs. For AES/EBU I/O the sampling frequency range is 30 to 200 kHz. Wordclock inputs/outputs are on BNC sockets, input sensitivity is 1 Vpp. The polarity of three of the WCLK outputs may be inverted with an internal jumper. AES/EBU inputs/outputs on 15-pin D-type male connectors. The vital significance of a distributor in a digital system is obvious, redundancy therefore is a must. Either a redundant power supply or a second Studer D21 MultiFeed linked for full redundancy – both with optical feedback – can be ordered as options.
- AES inputs and outputs are available on 15-pin D-type connectors
- Wordclock inputs/outputs are on BNC sockets
- Two distribution amplifiers are integrated
- Input sensitivity is 1 Vpp, regardless of any DC level
- Possible to install a second, redundant power supply into a single distributor unit
- Automatic switchover to the corresponding redundant input takes place if one or more of the main inputs do not receive a valid AES/EBU signal