RIYADH, Saudi Arabia, 13 July 2011 - Mobily, the official brand name of Etihad Etisalat and a leading mobile and data service provider in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia, today unveiled the first public Cisco TelePresence Suites® venue in the Kingdom. The suite is centrally located in Riyadh city at the Mobily headquarters adjacent to Kingdom Tower.
Mobily's Cisco TelePresence Suite will connect 32 worldwide business cities across five continents with its partner Tata Communication and other partner networks. The network reach makes Cisco TelePresence® technology a truly global collaboration tool.
Highlights / Key Facts
- The new Mobily TelePresence facility will enable Mobily's customers to minimize their travel time and expenses by delivering a live, immersive, face-to-face experience via the network.
- Cisco TelePresence technology allows users to enjoy real-time communication and to collaborate with colleagues, customers and partners even if they are in a different city. Participants sit at a conference table in the Cisco TelePresence room and connect to the other participants with a simple phone call. The setup of the rooms allows participants to feel as if they are sitting across a table, in a life-size meeting room.
- Customers will be able to purchase meeting slots in the Mobily TelePresence room, in advance, on an hourly or daily basis through Mobily interactive 24-hour online booking system with its partner Tata Communication.
- The rooms have been installed with a Cisco TelePresence System 3010, which allows up to six people to connect simultaneously across a maximum of 48 locations. It comprises three 65-inch plasma screens and a specially designed physical table that sits six participants on each side of the virtual table. It also features an additional LCD display for sharing rich-media content and other data using simple collaboration functionality as well as integrated cameras, lights and microphones so that speakers use less power.
- The 'real life' meeting experience provided by Cisco TelePresence technology is delivered through ultra-high-resolution video that reveals subtle facial expressions conveying nonverbal reactions. Spatial audio allows the transmission of every nuance of the conversation and participants to interact as they would in person.
- The Mobily public TelePresence solution will help save time and costs as well as boost productivity by reducing or eliminating the need to travel, thereby facilitating a 'greener' environment by reducing the carbon footprint. It also offer increased flexibility to Mobily customers in the Kingdom, who will be able to conduct business meetings or sensitive negotiations.
- The Mobily TelePresence suite in Riyadh will be connected to a number of other rooms around the globe as a Global Meeting Exchange. The Mobily Exchange will enable business-to-business meetings between any public rooms or customer-owned private rooms to communicate with each other.